Forgot that old saying “a dog is man’s best friend.” It’s clear from these classic photographs that dogs are really a “girl’s best friend” and have been for as long as we’ve been taking pictures.
1. Who says you can’t have more than one bestie?
2. Sometimes it’s hard to tell you and your bff apart, but you two wouldn’t have it any other way.
It’s like Babs Vierhaus said: “Dress mostly for your dog: Be an advantageous background for it in color, style, and tone. Truer words have never been spoken”.
3. “Man’s best friend? I know, what a joke!”
4. “A drink for me and my best friend here, please.”
I think this might have been me and my dog in a former life.
5. “We mean business. Can’t you tell?”
6. A great friend is like a great dress: it never goes out of style.
7.”Shall we call the fellas? No, I agree. Let’s just have a ladies evening.”
8. We go everywhere together, didn’t you know?
9. Even when your bffs outshine you with their movie star good looks, it’s hard to stay mad for long.
10. Best friends love spending an afternoon with more best friends.
As these beautiful vintage photos prove, there’s nothing better or more timeless than a bff: a best furry friend.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”