You might think that Epsom salt was just like the table salt we use in our food, but in fact, it’s quite different. Taking its name from a famous saline spring in the British town of Epsom, these salts are known for their health benefits and uses in beauty routines.
1. Add some Epsom salt to your shampoo, then wash your hair like usual. The added salt will help with your hair’s greasiness.
2. Help a bruise fade more quickly by mixing two tablespoons of Epsom salt with a little water, then applying the mixture to the affected area.
3. Ease muscles after a workout by taking an Epsom salt bath.
4. Apply Epsom salt to a splinter to draw it out of the skin. No tweezers required!
5. Get more sleep by taking a calming Epsom salt bath for 20 minutes before bedtime.
6. Rid your washing machine of excess buildup by filling the machine with hot water, adding Epsom salt, and running a regular cycle.
7. Add a tablespoon of Epsom salt to the soil of a tomato plant to help the plant grow bigger.
8. Help your grass get greener by adding two tablespoons of Epsom salt to a gallon of water and sprinkling the water onto your lawn.
9. Keep bugs away from your plants by sprinkling Epsom salt onto them.
10. Sprinkle Epsom salt at the base of your rose plants to boost their growth.
11. Keep slugs away by sprinkling Epsom salt on the ground or walkways.
12. Help ease a hangover by sipping a teaspoon of Epsom salt with a bit of water. Be sure to stay hydrated, though!
13. Relieve constipation by drinking a teaspoon of Epsom salt in a glass of water.
14. Fix frizz and increase hair volume by mixing hair condition and Epsom salts in equal ratio together and heat the mixture. Massage the mixture into your hair, starting at the roots, then let sit for 20 minutes before rinsing.
15. Mix Epsom salts with your favorite face cream or wash. This will provide moisture and remove dead skin.
16. Give your bathroom an extra sparkle by making an even mixture of Epsom salts and liquid dish soap. Then use it to scrub your grout and tile.
17. Boost your houseplants’ growth by adding a couple tablespoons of Epsom salt to your regular watering routine.
18. Ease a headache by taking an Epsom salt bath.
19. Remove dead skin from your lips by mixing Epsom salt with petroleum jelly and rubbing it along your mouth.
20. Scrub your feet and remove calluses by combining Epsom salt with olive oil and castile soap and rubbing it on them. You can do this a couple times a week during dry weather to keep your feet soft.
I don’t know about you, but I’m going to go buy some Epsom salt!
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”