Hide and seek is one of the most classic games of all time. I can’t even imagine just how many generations of kids have played it over the millennia, but I know that some of my best childhood memories revolve around the game. Even now, I still play “manhunt” with my nephews, which is pretty much the same game, but I guess sounds cooler to kids these days.
One of the funniest things in the world is when you play hide and seek with really young kids. Although they get the rules of the game, a lot of them haven’t really mastered the art of hiding. My parents tell me that when we were kids, my sister and I used to just close our eyes – if we couldn’t see anyone else, we thought they couldn’t see us anymore either!
Recently, parents took to Reddit to share some hilarious photos of their kids’ attempts to play hide and seek. Their strategies are nothing short of brilliant … and totally hilarious!
1. No kids here, just crocodiles.
2. Hmm, I don’t remember my cabinets having feet …
3. Ha! I can’t even.
4. “I can’t see you, so you can’t see me!”
5. Clearly, kids have a thing about invisibility cloaks.
6. “You think she saw me?”
7. “Just blend in and be cool.”
8. I…. I’m not even sure what this kid was thinking.
9. Peek-a-boo, I see you!
10. Come on son, you’re not even trying.
11. I hope he can get back out!
12. HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?
13. Watch where you’re sitting.
14. “It worked on Looney Tunes!”
15. Betrayed by a shadow.
16. Sorry kids, but you don’t go to Hogwarts and that’s not the Cloak of Invisibility.
18. And finally, watch this dog and toddler play the cutest game of hide-and-seek ever!
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”