Kids should go to sleep early and here’s the reason why. One of the most important parts of a child’s life is growing that can only happen when the child is asleep. Growth hormone secretion peaks during the fourth stage of sleep, at about 12:30 AM. If your child stays up late and goes to bed after midnight, the growth hormone production is declining and the kid might not grow as much.
Studies have shown that children who get enough sleep are more productive, more focused, and better able to learn and absorb information at school. Kids who have healthy sleep habits are less likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease in adulthood because, there are only two things that can slow the progression of this disease: sleep and exercising.But do not forget that kids get all their habits from the adults in their lives. So controlling your child’s sleeping behavior is a very important task which helps to create a rhythmic life pattern, and this, in its turn, will have a positive impact on kids’ health, both physical and mental.
How to change your kid’s habits and get their sleep schedule back on track
- The situation should be changed radically. That means you should not only force your child to go to bed earlier but should also try to change the whole family’s sleep patterns. If the child, while in his bed, sees a light and hears his parents speaking or watching TV, he automatically assumes that it is time to play, jump, scream, or do anything but sleep.
- Another great solution is to incorporate some bedtime rituals into your evening routine. For example, you can read to your child before sleeping. After a few days of doing this, your child will get used to the idea that the reading means it’s time to get ready to sleep.
- One more important factor that can help your child fall asleep earlier is the lighting in your child’s sleep environment. It is believed that soft yellow light helps the body relax and prepare for sleep.
- One more tip suggests turning off your gadgets before going to sleep. When you’re using your computers and cell phones at night, you give a bad example to your child who can repeat your bad habits.
- And don’t forget about exercising. A bike ride or bouncing a ball after dinner can do wonders for improving sleep patterns.
Do not ignore these rules. In fact, getting into a good habit of going to bed early when young will give good results later in life. These children will grow into healthy and active adults.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”