Who doesn’t love a tasty french toast? Who doesn’t love an easy recipe for tasty french toast? This recipe is super simple! You prepare it the day before, and the next day, all you have to worry about is putting it in the oven!
- ½ CUP Melted butter (1 stick)
- 1 CUP Brown sugar + 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Loaf of Kings Hawaiian bread
- 4 Eggs
- 1½ CUP Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp of powdered sugar plus more for sprinkling
- Maple syrup for topping
1. Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl, melt it in the microwave and add 1 cup of brown sugar. Stir until combined.
2. Pour the mixture evenly over the bottom of 9 x 13 baking pan.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar and vanilla.
4. Place toast bread in a single layer in the pan so that it covers the whole area.
5. Pour half the egg-milk mixture over the entire layer of toast bread.
6. In a small bowl, combine the 3 tablespoons of brown sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
7. Sprinkle half the mixture on a layer of toast bread.
8. Then arrange the second layer of bread and pour the rest of the mixture of eggs and milk.
9. Repeat with the rest of the sugar and cinnamon.
10. Cover with aluminum foil and leave to cool in the fridge overnight.
11. Preheat oven to 350°F.
12. Leave chilled toast bread at room temperature for a few minutes.
13. Put it in the oven and bake for 45 minutes, so that the first 30 minutes it is baked with aluminum foil.
14. Bake it until the top is crispy and golden brown and the inside is soft.
15. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
16. Serve with maple syrup.
Notes: You can leave it for a couple of hours in the refrigerator, but the best effect is achieved if you leave it overnight.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”