From ubiquitous classics like apple to forgotten favorites like rhubarb custard, there’s a pie for everyone. But it takes more than a tasty filling to make a good pie. You also need a killer crust. These ideas will help you get your crust game on point and really wow the next family gathering.
1. Simple but awesome, these tiny leaves turn your pie into an edible centerpiece.
2. Don’t forget to get creative. Leaves come in many varieties, after all.
3. There’s always the old standby, the lovely lattice.
4. But you can even spice that up a bit, with a herringbone pattern.
5. Or if you’re really ambitious, even an out-there spiralled design.
6. Don’t forget the basics, like crimping your crust edges.
7. But don’t stop there. This floral design is almost too pretty to eat.
8. When cutting shapes for your crust, don’t forget you can use the leftovers, too.
9. It’s a little extra work, but this braid will blow their minds.
10. For a modern take, try this unusual idea.
11. And of course, shallow muffin tins make for great mini crusts.
12. If you’re going for a solid-top pie, you can spruce that up with a doily pattern.
13. But even open-top pies can get some love.
14. Tell the typography buff in your life how you really feel with a clever calligraphy crust.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”