Desserts that remind you of the Stars and Stripes aren’t only reserved for holidays like Independence Day, but they definitely give any patriotic holiday a boost. Especially with this layered sponge cake (called a trifle); it’s fresh, tasty, and, most importantly, easy.
With the hot weather during the summer, you simply can’t beat this no-bake cake. You can prep your ingredients, put them in place, and you’re ready to go – no need to use the oven and turn your kitchen into an unbearably hot place to be. And just because this cake is no-bake doesn’t mean that it’s any less presentable than a standard cake. It slices and serves like the most beautiful conventional cake you can imagine.
Listen up as Sarah Carey explains the easy process behind this red, white, and blue trifle.
With just a few ingredients and no need to use the oven, this cake is super easy to make.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- An eight-inch springform pan
- Parchment paper
- Five cups of raspberries
- One cup of powdered sugar
- A quarter cup of orange juice (preferably fresh-squeezed)
- Ten ounces of mascarpone cheese
- One-and-a-quarter cups of heavy cream
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 24 ladyfinger biscuits
- Blueberries – enough to cover the top of your cake
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”