Everyone loves a new pair of shoes, but trying to break them in can be sheer agony. Once they are broken in however, it’s not long before they are stinky and covered in scratches. But it doesn’t have to be that way!
1. Restore whiteness by rubbing toothpaste on your old shoes.
It doesn’t just whiten your teeth.
2. Clean leather with rubbing alcohol.
You won’t believe how dirty they were.
3. Freshen up your sneakers with baking soda.
It will give them that “brand new” smell once more.
4. Use a nail file to banish scratches.
They buff right out in no time.
5. Soak in a vinegar solution to get rid of bad smells.
A long soak in a solution of water and vinegar refreshes even the stinkiest kicks.
6. Shine patent leather with petroleum jelly.
They’ll gleam like diamonds.
7. Use cornmeal to absorb suede stains.
Water stain? What water stain?