3 Ingredient Soufflé Cheesecake
Difficulty: VERY EASY
Time: 1 hr.
Number of Servings: 6
Calories per Serving: 230 cal
15cm (6inch) round cake pan
120g (4.3oz.) white chocolate
120g (4.3oz.) cream cheese *softened
1. Preheat the oven to 170C (338F). Separate the eggs and place the whites in a large bowl. Let your egg whites sit in the refrigerator to keep them cold until you are ready to use them (which makes the meringue more stable).
2. Place the chocolate (broken into pieces) in a large bowl. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water (60C/140F). Then add the cream cheese and melt them together. Remove the bowl from the double boiler, add the egg yolks, and mix well.
3. In a large bowl, whip egg whites with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. *If it’s thick enough, you can turn the bowl upside down without it sliding out.
4. Add 1/3 Meringue into the cream cheese batter and blend well with a spatula. Then add the rest of the Meringue 1/2 at a time and mix well.
5. Rub some oil/butter on parchment paper (in this way, the cake can slide down when it shrinks, so you can prevent the cake from cracking). Line the round cake pan with the parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan and drop the pan lightly on the counter to raise the air bubbles out of the batter.
6. Place the cake pan on a baking sheet. Pour some hot water into the baking sheet. Bake at 170C (338F) for 15 minutes, 160C (320F) for 15 minutes, then stop the heat and bake with the remaining heat for 15 minutes.
7. When it is done, place the cake pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
You can either serve immediately or chill in the fridge before serving! It will slightly get hard in the fridge, so leave at room temperature for a few minutes before you serve.
You can brush the cake with some apricot jam syrup and/or dust with powdered sugar (confectioner’s sugar) to finish. You can serve it with whipped cream if desired.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”