Stuffed with a cream cheese mixture and wrapped in crescent roll dough cut into thin strips, these are so much fun to make and eat. You’ll be amazed at the transformation into mummies when they get out of the oven. Feel free to substitute the candy eyes for a small dot of cream cheese with a piece of black olive.
- 10 jalapeño peppers, sliced in half lengthwise and pith/seeds removed (use rubber gloves so your hands don’t burn from the jalapeño). Leave the stem if you can on some or all of the halves.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces jack cheese, shredded
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 can Pillsbury crescent roll dough
- Candy eyeballs
Preheat oven 400 degrees. In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, jack cheese, scallion and salt until well blended.