Just follow these simple directions and you’ll be unwrapping your own tasty mummy treats in no time!
- 1 package Refrigerated Pie Crust (2 crusts)
Filling and Topping:
- 3/4 cup reduced pumpkin puree (place 1 cup pumpkin puree on several layers of paper towel,
- wrap and press to soak excess moisture until you get 3/4 cup pumpkin puree)
- 2 oz cream cheese -slightly softened
- 2 tablespoon packed light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white-lightly beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
To make the pumpkin pie filling:
In a bowl stir together cream cheese, granulated sugar and brown sugar to blend.
Add reduced pumpkin puree to cream cheese mixture along with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice.
Mix in egg yolk and vanilla extract. Cover bowl and chill until ready to assemble the cookies.
Preheat oven to 375 F and line large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
To assemble the mummies:
Cut dough into 4×3 rectangles and 1/2 inch strips
1 1/2-2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie mixture in the center of each rectangle.
Coat the edges with a mixture of lightly beaten egg white and 1 Tbsp water.
Top with strips to create mummy look, then seal edges with your fingertips, and trim the excess of the stripes.
Brush the stripes with egg whites and sprinkle with mixture of 2 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon.
Bake until golden brown about 20 minutes.
Stick candy eyes onto cooled mummies.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”