Learn how to make a rainbow jello cake also known as a stained glass cake in this video tutorial.
• 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
• 1/2 cups granulated sugar
• 1/4 cup melted butter
• 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
• 1 cup pineapple juice
• 1/4 cup cold water
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoon gelatin (1 packet knox)
• 3-4 cups cubed jello
1. To prepare crust mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a medium sized bowl. Press into greased springform pan. Bake in a 350F preheated oven for 10-13 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
2. To prepare Jello, mix contents of Jello boxes with one cup of boiling water. Stir to dissolve the jello, and then pour into a container to solidify. Repeat with required colors and flavors. Placing the Jello in the fridge will speed the solidifying process up. Once solid, cut Jello into small cubes.
3. In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over top of the pineapple juice and allow it to rest for 30-60 seconds. Heat mixture to boiling in the microwave or on the stovetop. Stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and remove from heat.
4. Add in the cold water, stir and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
5. Whip cream and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until stiff peaks form. Slowly add in cooled pineapple mixture, and whisk until completely combined.
6. Remove bowl from stand mixer. Place Jello cubes into the mixture, but try not to stir it as it will cause the jello to break up. Swirl the bowl until the Jello and filling mix together.
7. Pour filling into prepared crust. Place pan into the fridge for the cake to solidify completely- between 6-8 hours or overnight.
8. The cake is best served and consumed within 2-3 days.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”